Thursday, 11 February 2010

Post the Sixteenth: In Which I Ponder My Ideal Day

I asked my blessings what they would like to do if they were the boss of a day and got to choose what would happen.   My 2yo "Sweet Pea" said she would play.  My 4yo "Mate" said he would play the Wii with everyone (if we had four wiimotes), play snap, play catch, soccer and football and play on the computer.  And he'd like to choose what we ate for every meal and choose what everyone's jobs were.  My 6yo "Princess" doesn't know.  She's "still thinking".  My 4mo "Muchacho" was too busy sucking his hand and hicoughing to answer.

Then I started pondering my answer.  Trips to foreign countries, shopping sprees and being debt-free notwithstanding, when I place my desires in the realm of the possible I get this.

I want to have achieved something.  Something more than just "treading water" by keeping up on housework or homeschooling.  Maybe write an article that will be published.  Maybe work hard in the garden and transform it in a day.  Maybe get a room cleaned from top to bottom, cleaned out, reorganised and create something that works better for our family.  Maybe read something that impacts me.  Doing something to help someone in need.  Creating something that will last.

Something that uses my annoying brain.

No comments:

Post a Comment