Tuesday, 9 February 2010

Post the Second: In Which I Ponder Whether This Blog Is Indeed Counter-Productive

I want real friends. With skin on. Friends I can hug and call on the phone and play with their kids and lend books to and cook for and clean their kitchens or hang their washing on the line while we chat. Online buddies are great, but they don't replace real life friends.

But if everyone reads this blog, there wont be a need for real life sharing because they will know what is going on for me already. They will know my pain without being there with me to share the moment. Care for someone after reading about what is going on is very different to caring for someone while they are sharing their pain, right there in the room with you.

If I blog through my pain and my questions and my frustrations, will there be anything left to share? Will it lose its rawness in repetition? Will I make real life friends redundant? Or at least feel redundant?

No comments:

Post a Comment